Steve Klabnik and Yehuda Katz joined the show to talk about the Rust Programming Language, a systems programming language from Mozilla Research. We covered memory safety without garbage collection, security, the Rust 1.0 Beta, getting started with Rust, and we even hypothesize about the future of the Rust.
Codeship – If it works with Docker, it works with Codeship Jet.
Toptal – Join Toptal and work with awesome people from anywhere in the world. Freelance with companies like Airbnb, Artsy & IDEO.
DigitalOcean – Use the code
CHANGELOG to get a $10 hosting credit when you create a new DigitalOcean account
Steve and Yehuda are core team members of Rust.
- Steve Klabnik
- Yehuda Katz
- Steve Klabnik comments on “Rust 1.0.0 beta is here!” on Reddit
- Rust Means Never Having to Close a Socket
- The Rust Programming Language
- The Rust Programming Language on Reddit
- Style Guidelines
- Cargo, Rust’s Package Manager
- Zinc: An experimental attempt to write an ARM stack that would be similar to CMSIS or mbed in capabilities but would show rust’s best safety features applied to embedded development.
- Is the six-week release cycle too frequent? - Proposals - Ember.JS
- Yehuda Katz on Twitter: “Just posted a long set of thoughts on the 6-week-release-cycle discussion we’ve been having on the Ember Discourse”
- Let’s Talk About Rust by Yehuda Katz - Confreaks TV
- The Rust Book
- Rust by Example
- Rust for Rubyists
- Rust Users Forum
- Rust Development Forum (Internals)