The Changelog – Episode #39
Scripty2, Zepto.js, Vapor.js
with Thomas Fuchs
Wynn caught up with Thomas Fuchs to talk about script.aculo.us, Scripty2, Zepto.js and the future of Prototype.
Notes & Links
- The Magic Roundabout is crazy
- Wynn got his UK badge on Gowalla
- Thomas is one of many talented RoR core team alumni
- Scripty2 - completely rewritten version of script.aculo.us
- Johnson Page asks “What’s the future of Prototype.js?”
- Underscore.js utility library for jQuery, inspired by Prototype, featured in Episode 0.0.5
- Zepto.js minimalist inlinable framework for mobile WebKit browsers, with a jQuery-like chaining syntax
- Thomas’ blog post on approaches taken with EveryTimeZone.com
- Gury Chainable syntax wrapper for the
- Vapor.js “The only JS framework compatible with every browser.”
- MadRobby gives mad props to @janl, @hblank, @cramforce and other JSConf.eu organizers.
- FabJS - modular async framework for Node.js
- Chris Williams’ talk on PromoteJS, an effort The Changelog supports.
- CoffeeScript, featured in Episode 0.2.9
- Amy Hoy, Thomas’ wife, product proponent, and usability diva.
- Freckle helps you manage your time
- Charm Desk - Thomas and Amy tackle customer support
- PeepCode’s Smashing into Vim with the soothing voice of Dan Benjamin
- Mensch and Meslo, the latest stops on Thomas’ journey to find the ultimate Terminal.app font
- Thomas likes to fly his AR.Drone around the office
- He’s also building the Lego Milennium Falcon
- SchnitzelConf a 1-day, full-contact conference in Vienna, Austria focusing on creating products, launching businesses, and charging real money.