Micheil and Wynn caught up with Gerad and Visnu from the Node Knockout to talk about the 48 hour Node.js development competition and its entries.
Notes & Links
- Lone Star Ruby Conference - Texas’ regional Ruby conference in Austin
- Mike Perham - The awesome Rubyist whose name gives Wynn fits
- Node Knockout - The 48 hour Node.js coding competition
- Rails Rumble - Ruby’s own 48 hour coding bash
- Gerad - of Gerad & Visnu, the “data-y” and “product-y” guy
- Visnu - the “developer-y” and “designer-y” guy
- Fortnight Labs - the proper name for Gerad & Visnu, Inc.
- List of great Node Knockout Judges
- Joyent & Heroku are great places to host your Node.js apps.
- Express High performance, high class web development for Node.js
- Connect - high performance middleware framework for node featuring robust middleware for serving static files, advanced routing, cookie and session implementations, error handling and much more.
- npm is a package manager for node. You can use it to install and publish your node programs. It manages dependencies and does other cool stuff.
- Node Inspector is a web inspector based Node.js debugger
- Socket.io - Websockets toolkit covered in 0.3.1 and used in so many contest entries
- Go vote for your favorite entries!