Wynn caught up with Fredrik Holmström to talk about IronJS, F#, and open source in .NET.
Notes & Links
- Fredrik Holmström, creator of IronJS
- F# is a succinct, expressive and efficient functional and object-oriented language for .NET which helps you write simple code to solve complex problems.
- “This JScript thing”
- Mono is an open source, cross-platform, implementation of C# and the CLR that is binary compatible with Microsoft.NET.
- IronJS continues in the tradition of IronPython and IronRuby
- IronJS implements EcmaScript 3 but is working towards EcmaScript 5 support
- Miguel de Icaza created Mono.
- Nuget is a free, open source developer focused package management system for .NET.
- Codeplex seems to be the place to find .NET open source
- GitHub is hosting more and more .NET projects
- C# and .NET are hard to Google
- Kayak is an asynchronous HTTP server written in C#
- Zed Shaw, featured on Episode 0.3.4
- Don Syme, architect behind F#
- “John” Gietzen has contributed to IronJS.
- Follow @IronJS on Twitter for updates.