First off, thank you for joining us on the show!
We take our audio seriously, so we've prepared these instructions to help you get setup and sound your best on the show. Please take 5 minutes and read through and follow the instructions.
Todo list for getting setup
Make sure you have the following and also can record your side of the audio.
- Have a reliable internet connection. We prefer wired, but if you know/trust your wireless connection, we'll trust your choice.
- You'll need a Skype account. Let us know your Skype username/handle via email right away so we can add you as a contact (or add us as mentioned below). If we don't add you as a contact, we won't be able to call you.
- For The Changelog, add
changelog-2as a contact.
- For Go Time, add
changelog-4as a contact.
- For Request For Commits, add
changelog-3as a contact.
- Use a good USB microphone, USB headset, or the ever trusty MacBook Pro mic.
- You'll need headphones! Yes, headphones are required. Over the ear headphones are preferred.
- Be in a quiet place when you record. Use your best judgment.
- Silence and Airplane mode your mobile device (they interfere with the audio)
- Be ready on Skype approximately 5-10 minutes prior to the call for a quick soundcheck.
- We will contact you on Skype before the show starts. Please, do not call us. We'll likely be preparing to start the show.
- Relax. Have fun. Bring your opinions.