Brave adds a privacy-focused search engine (beta) ↦
Brave Search has some similarities to DDG (which has been my default for a couple years now), but it’s different in that it builds its own index vs relying on Bing and Yandex. Brave’s principles:
- Privacy: no tracking or profiling of users.
- User-first: the user comes first, not the advertising and data industries.
- Independence: Brave has its own search index for answering common queries privately without reliance on other providers.
- Choice: soon, options for ad-free paid search and ad-supported search.
- Transparency: no secret methods or algorithms to bias results, and soon, community-curated open ranking models to ensure diversity and prevent algorithmic biases and outright censorship.
- Seamlessness: best-in-class integration between the browser and search without compromising privacy, from personalization to instant results as the user types.
- Openness: Brave Search will soon be available to power other search engines.
If those resonate with you, it’s worth a try. Not a Brave Browser user? You can still use search.brave.com.
Sign in or Join to comment or subscribe