The Changelog – Episode #148
The State of Go in 2015
with Andrew Gerrand
Andrew Gerrand joined the show to talk about the state of Go in 2015, how Go compares to other concurrent languages, why people choose Go over other languages, the C to Go toolchain conversion, and what’s coming in version 1.5 and 1.6 of Go.
Codeship – If it works with Docker, it works with Codeship Jet.
Toptal – Join Toptal and work with awesome people from anywhere in the world. Freelance with companies like Airbnb, Artsy & IDEO.
DigitalOcean – Use the code
CHANGELOG to get a $10 hosting credit when you create a new DigitalOcean account
Notes & Links
Andrew works on the Go Programming Language at Google.
“The reasons why I choose Go (and I think why other people choose go) are a lot to do with programmer joy… the overriding sentiment amongst Go users is that Go just gets out of your way and lets you write code.” - Andrew Gerrand @ 18:32
- Andrew’s slides for The State of Go in 2015
- Andrew Gerrand (@enneff) | Twitter
- Andrew Gerrand on Github
- The Changelog #100: Go programming with Rob Pike and Andrew Gerrand
- The Changelog #3: Google’s Go Programming Language
- golang/go on GitHub
- Facebook, Mercurial or Git? - The Changelog
- FOSDEM Conf
- Go + HTTP/2
- Cool Math Games
- Go Kit
- Go and the Modern Enterprise - Peter Bourgon - London Go Gathering 2015
- Beats, Rye & Types Podcast
- Go Programming Playlist - Youtube