Ary Borenszweig and Juan Wajnerman, the folks behind Crystal, joined the show to talk about the goals of the language, how it's the best of both worlds between Ruby and C, why if it's so close to and inspired by Ruby why not just give their time/effort to Ruby instead, the new compiler, and we also discussed what's left before Crystal can go 1.0.
Notes & Links
- Changelog Weekly - Issue #32
- Manas Technology Solutions (manas.com.ar)
- Crystal Homepage
- Hacker News search for "crystal-lang"
- The Future of Crystal
- Compile & Run Code in Crystal (play.crystal-lang.org)
- Initial commit with lexer, parser, ast and visitor · manastech/crystal@220bb8c
- Initial commit · asterite/crystal@50db229
- Support Crystal Language on Bountysource