Adam and Wynn caught up with Max Howell, creator of Homebrew to talk about package managment on OSX, beer, and scrobbling.
Notes & Links
- Homebrew The awesome OSX package manager from Max Howell
- Last.fm - The world’s largest online music catalogue, powered by your scrobbles. Max’s former employer.
- Tweet Deck Desktop and mobile Twitter client
- ImageMagick - fabulous software suite to create, edit, and compose bitmap images which can be a pain to install on OSX.
- Amarok - is a free software music player for Linux and other varieties of Unix
- GitHub - where all the cool people put code
- Homebrew terms in the Homebrew Cookbook
sudofor you and the dangers therein
- MacPorts - an open-source community initiative to design an easy-to-use system for compiling, installing, and upgrading either command-line, X11 or Aqua based open-source software on the Mac OS X operating system
- Gentoo - highly optimized Linux distro
- Most forked projects on GitHub
- Max prefers British ales
- pengwynn is looking to get his hands on the Tatical Nuclear Penguin from Brewdog
- The Silicon roundabout gets its name due to the prominence of British web based companies
- Max created the Last.fm Scrobbler, proving open source can land you a job
- Transmission is beautiful on the Mac
- Glasses, This is the next generation of VLC for Mac also called Lunettes.
brew install sl, then
sl— enjoy the ride!