Using the high performance networking capabilities of node, and the awesome speed of V8, it’s now feasible to implement binary network protocols without resorting to writing C++ extensions and wrapping blocking APIs in thread pools.
Felix is a great programmer, but could use some help in the form of sponsorship and/or patches. We all win when high quality drivers are written and shared with the community.
- TDD: All code is written using test driven development, code coverage should approach 100%
- Simplicity: The MySQL protocol is easy, a good parser should reflect that
- Efficiency: Use fast algorithms, buffers and as little memory as possible.
- Portability: Should run anywhere node runs
- Completeness: The goal is to support the full MySQL API.
- Compatibility: MySql >= 4.1
Check out the code and more info on his git repo.