From GitHub’s own @schacon, Showoff aims to do presentations developer style.
ShowOff is a Sinatra web app that reads simple configuration files for a presentation. It is sort of like a Keynote web app engine.
Scott’s goals are:
- show simple text
- show images
- show syntax highlighted code
- re-enact command line interactions
- do simple transitions (instant, fade, slide in)
- show a timer - elapsed / remaining
- perform simple animations of images moving between keyframes
- show syncronized, hidden notes on another browser (like an iphone)
- show audience questions / comments (twitter or direct)
- let audience members go back / catch up as you talk
- let audience members vote on sections (?)
- call up a menu of sections/slides at any time to jump around.