This week Adam is joined by Sam Lambert, CEO of PlanetScale. Now that PlanetScale is in general availability, Adam had to get Sam on the show to talk about the behind the scenes of building this database platform, how this is the last database you’ll ever need and what that means for developers, why serverless, its open source underpinnings with Vitess, and a preview of what’s to come.
FireHydrant – The reliability platform for every developer. Incidents impact everyone, not just SREs. FireHydrant gives teams the tools to maintain service catalogs, respond to incidents, communicate through status pages, and learn with retrospectives. Try FireHydrant free for 14 days at firehydrant.io
Rewatch – Rewatch gives product and engineering teams async superpowers and helps them move faster with greater clarity. Imagine all of your team’s videos, all in one place. Record, organize, and share the videos that your team needs to ship great work. Get started for free with 14-day trial at rewatch.com.
Gitpod – Spin up fresh, ephemeral automated dev environments, in the cloud, in seconds. Their free tier is open to every developer with a GitLab, GitHub, and/or Bitbucket account. Learn more at gitpod.io
- PlanetScale raises $50M Series C as its enterprise database service hits general availability
- PlanetScale raises $30M Series B for its database service
- Announcing PlanetScale: The database for developers.
- Sam Lambert Appointed New CEO of PlanetScale
- PlanetScale is now generally available
- PlanetScale’s Changelog
- Bring your data to PlanetScale
- Introducing PlanetScale Managed Cloud
- PlanetScale documentation + source on GitHub
- Vitess + source on GitHub
- Vitess on CNCF
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation Announces Vitess Graduation