Ain was born out of the frustration of working with many API endpoints in GUI clients.
While pretty, I could’t use any shell-scripts or commands such as
uuidgen as input to the endpoints without copy pasting from a terminal. And I had to copy-paste the resulting output back into the terminal to further slice and dice it.
I had become a human pipe and my ctrl+c, ctrl+v fingers were hurting. By using
httpie for the heavy lifting, Ain removes you from the piping of input and output. With Ain, you can:
- Organize API endpoints using files and folders
- Use shell-scripts and executables anywhere
- Put things that change in environment-variables or .env files
- Share the resulting curl or http(ie)-call with friends and foes
- Pipe any output for further processing