Scott Hammond, the CEO of Joyent, joined the show to talk about the history of Node, Joyent's interest in Node, how they've handled the stewardship of Node over the years, their support of io.js joining Node Foundation, the convergence of the code bases for a stronger more inclusive Node community.
At the tail end of the show, just when you think it's over, keep listening because we got Scott back on the call to discuss the news that came this week of the io.js TC voting to join Node Foundation.
Codeship – If it works with Docker, it works with Codeship Jet.
Toptal – Join Toptal and work with awesome people from anywhere in the world. Freelance with companies like Airbnb, Artsy & IDEO.
DigitalOcean – Use the code
CHANGELOG to get a $10 hosting credit when you create a new DigitalOcean account
Joyent has been the core sponsor and steward of Node.js since its beginning.
- @Scott_Hammond on Twitter
- Joyent on GitHub
- @mikeal - "io.js TC just voted to join the Node Foundation."
- io.js TC Meeting 2015-05-13
- io.js TC Meeting 2015-05-13 Issue on GitHub
- merge vs rebase ontop of io.js (GitHub Issue #6)
- Node.js Advisory Board
- Growing Up - io.js needs a foundation
- node.js & io.js convergence repo - jasnell/node.js-convergence
- The Node.js Foundation benefits all
- Node.js and io.js leaders are building an open, neutral Node.js Foundation to support the future of the platform