Changelog Interviews – Episode #156
Modern WordPress using Bedrock and Sage
with Ben Word and Scott Walkinshaw
Ben Word and Scott Walkinshaw joined the show to talk about a more modern WordPress stack, Bedrock and Sage, dependency management, WordPress deployment, smarter development setup with tools like Ansible and Vagrant, and more.
If you’re someone who wants to use WordPress in more modern ways, this show is for you.
Codeship – If it works with Docker, it works with Codeship Jet.
Toptal – Join Toptal and work with awesome people from anywhere in the world. Freelance with companies like Airbnb, Artsy & IDEO.
Code School – Learn to program by doing with hands-on courses. Sign up for Code School at only $19/month. That’s $10 off per month!
Notes & Links
Ben and Scott run Roots, a team of folks who help you build better WordPress sites faster with Bedrock and Sage.
- Ben Word (@retlehs) on Twitter
- Ben Word (@retlehs) on GitHub
- Scott Walkinshaw (@swalkinshaw) on Twitter
- Scott Walkinshaw (@swalkinshaw) on GitHub
- Roots - Modern WordPress Development
- Sage - WordPress Starter Theme
- Bedrock - Modern WordPress Stack
- Composer - Dependency Manager for PHP
- Blueprint CSS (super old, but it’s where things began)
- [Screencast] Using Composer With WordPress
- Screencasts from Roots
- The Changelog #142: Laravel PHP Framework with Taylor Otwell
- Ansible - DevOps made simple
- Vagrant - Create and configure lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments
- BrowserSync - Time-saving synchronised browser testing