A guide to shutting down an open source project
The TODO Group published a set of guides last year focused on open source program management. This year, they kicked things off with an initial guide about how your org and team can plan for the day when you’re ready to end or move away from an open source project.
This guide covers the gamut of concerns around shutting things down:
- Why life cycle planning is important
- What does a dead open source project look like?
- Trouble signs to watch for
- Why plan for the end of a project before you even launch it?
- Protecting your company’s reputation
Of course, all of the TODO Group guides are open source on GitHub.
We talked about the TODO Group with Will Norris from Google on The Changelog #245.