Daniel Stenberg is leaving Mozilla ↦
We’ve been chronicling Daniel’s work on #curl for some time now. December 11, 2018 will be Daniel’s final official day at Mozilla. He assures us that his work on curl will continue, saying this in regards to his time dedicated to curl and where he works for his full-time income, “I don’t think my choice of future employer should have to affect that negatively too much, except of course in periods.”
Here are the main points from Daniel (but you should certainly dig into the details):
- It’s been five great years, but now it is time for me to move on and try something else.
- …lots of the HTTP/2 development and the publication of that was made while I was employed by Mozilla and I fondly participated in that.
- …we’re also losing Mozilla as a primary sponsor of the curl project, since that was made up of them allowing me to spend some of my work days on curl and that’s now over.
- I will continue to follow and work with HTTP and other internet protocols very closely.
- The future is bright but unknown! “I don’t yet know what to do next.”
Sign in or Join to comment or subscribe